PE and Sport Blog
Welcome to our PE and Sport Blog
Hello! This is the home of all our recent sports events and activities that have been going on in school.
Go team LPPS!!
Year 6 Olympic Athletic Event News Report by Year 6 Super-Athletes:
Location: John Charles Centre
How it went:
- We won lots of different events such as the 80m sprint, the 400m, the relay and lots more.
- The team were excited, but very nervous. The atmosphere started to feel tense. However, like true Lawns Parkers we swallowed our fear and gave it 100% effort.
- Between them Max and George scored a whopping 16.8m in the javelin throw.
- The opposition were left in the dust as Miller won the 400m by 13 seconds!
- Overall, we had a combined total of 9 wins, 6 second places and 4 thirds.
The Girls’ team were just pipped at the winning post. They ran the 400m relay in 1 minute 8 seconds, which is amazing! The boys’ winning relay team were outstanding and got a remarkable time of 1 minute 5 seconds.
We had a fantastic day, and everyone was proud that they tried their best and did the best they could.
Year 1 have been outside practising counting to 100! They were using different movements and exercises to count in a rhythm! Great learning Year 1, it is great to see you mixing PE in with different subjects!
Year 3 and 4 have been lucky enough to have Harvey from Leeds Rhinos come into school and teach them some PE lessons! They are doing some special lessons on multi skills to improve their overall fitness levels! Top work you two classes!