DSide Dave's top tips for online safety
Today Dside Dave ran a workshop today in each class on online safety. He ended the day with a parent workshop. Here are some of his top tips so that your family can enjoy the best of the digital world safely and confidently.
- Visit an O2 shop. In partnership with the NSPCC they will set any mobile phone up for you safely at no charge.
- Play online with your child and talk about what they are playing to assess if they are staying safe.
- No technology in bedrooms at night
- Have a charging point in a central point.
- Know your child's password - let them know you know it and that you will check their history.
- Consider an app to turn the technology on and off at set times
- Search Utube for a tutorial on how to keep your child safe on Utube.
- When your child google searches add 'for kids at the end'
- Access websites to keep up to date with most commonly used apps such as net-aware.org.uk