Equality at Lawns Park
At Lawns Park Primary School, we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity so that they are able to participate fully in school life.
We tackle discrimination through the positive promotion of equality, by challenging bullying and stereotypes and by creating an environment which champions respect for all.
We believe that diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit us.
Equality in Teaching and learning
We provide all our pupils with the opportunity to succeed and to reach the highest level of personal achievement. We do this by:
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and preparing them for life in a diverse society
- Using materials that reflect the diversity of the school, population and local community without stereotyping
- Promoting attitudes and values that challenge any discriminatory behaviour or prejudice
- Providing opportunities for pupils to appreciate their own culture and celebrate the diversity of other cultures
- Seeking to involve all parents in supporting their child’s education
- Utilising teaching approaches appropriate for the whole school population which are inclusive and reflective of our pupils.
Objective 1: Increase frequency of planned, first hand opportunities for all pupils to experience cultural and religious learning different from their own every day experiences as part of reviewed Curriculum For Future Citizens.
Objective 2: Staff and governors to have heightened awareness of barriers to learning for children of families in poverty by Spring 2020 and to review and adapt provision appropriately and sensitively by July 2020.
Objective 3a: Close gap between disadvantaged persistent absentees & non disadvantaged persistent absentees from gap of 1.21% at end of 2018/19 by end of 2019/20 by improving attendance of disadvantaged absentees to 90% by 2022
Objective 3b: Reduce gap between disadvantaged lates & non disadvantaged lates from gap of 869 minutes at end of 2018/19 by end of 2019/20
Objective 4b: Narrow attainment & progress gaps in each year group between GD disadvantaged & GD non disadvantaged pupils